Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ore to Shore

My first attempt at Ore to Shore was successful and super fun. I was a little nervous off the start cause I had no clue which way we were turning and what to watch out for on the fast pavement start. I started on the front line and followed Scott KJ's wheel to near the front of the pack. I kept the leaders in sight for as long as possible and then just focused on staying on Scotts wheel. I stayed with his group until just after the first feed zone and then I fell back to another group. I felt lucky cause I always had a group to work with the entire race and was never riding alone. This made it exciting and go by really fast. I dropped my bottle before the first feed zone but luckily Justin was there to feed me at the next one. I was glad that the temps were cooler and I don't think it affected me to much. For the last half of the race I was with a group of 6 of us that worked really well together. I felt strong the entire time and came home with the win! The course was lots of fun and there was never a dull moment. I was impressed with how well run the race was and I will definitely be back again!

Recovering at the finish
Podium (Sue, Kyia, Me, Chloe, Abby)

We stopped in Duluth on the way home and walked along the board walk and did a lap at Spirit.
Luna checking out the ships coming in






3 comments:

steve f said...

Great ride Jenna!
Thanks for visiting in marquette and have a great late season.

Jenna said...

Thanks Steve for letting us clean up and hang out at your house after the race. I can't wait to come back to Marquette next year!

Sonya said...

Good job badass! :) I'll miss you at Brianhead.