Sunday, July 13, 2008

New York

Kyia and I left on Tuesday and had a relaxing stress free drive to New York. Made it to Windham on Thursday and did two laps of the course. The course is so much fun. Lots of climbing weaving in and out of single track and tons of fun bridges. You can tell that they put a lot of work into the course. By far the best National course so far this year. Even the workers, volunteers and town residents are friendly. A totally different vibe then what we received in Deer Valley two weeks ago.

Went for a nice spin in Allegany state park, NY

The race was pretty hot and humid with hardly any breeze. We only did 3 30 min laps which I was kinda bummed about cause I usually do better in longer races. I had a good start and felt pretty good the entire race. Just kinda found a spot and stayed with the same group the entire time. I went back and forth with Lea the last lap but she punched it to get around me at the top of the climb and I wasn't able to get around her on the descent. I ended up 11th again. Not too crazy about the result but I guess I'm just missing a little something to bump me up to the next level. I was excited to see that I was 5th American though. Those Canadians sure are getting fast this year! Thanks to Mr. Kris Anderson for his wonderful support during the race!

Short track- I felt pretty good and not too tired as the XC race was only 1:30. It rained for awhile this morning and a little more before the race. It actually felt kinda nice and it didn't make the course too slick. I had a nice start again (been getting much better at those this year). I hung on with the lead group for the first few laps and then fell off. At about halfway I kinda blew up a bit and was just riding out there by myself. I got caught by Zephanie and Chloe. Chloe and I had a nice battle for the last three laps of the race. She got me in the sprint for the finish. I ended up 11th again!! I'm starting to get sick of that number. :) The mens short track was so much fun to watch. It is great to see a bunch of Midwesterners out here kicking some butt! Nice job to Jay Richards, Chris Peariso, TJ, and the Lalonde brothers on their single speeds!

Saw this sign at a Pizza shop in Windham!


Tomorrow I'm headed to Vermont with the Andersons and the C-Dale girls. It will be so nice to just relax and hang out in one spot all week. We are going to have a big B-day party for all of us that have a b-day on this trip. Nina was on the 9th, Theresa 10th, Me 17th, Chloe 21st. Sounds like a good excuse to eat some cake! :) I can't wait to ride my favorite course! I wonder what the conditions will be like?

No comments: