Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Midwest racing

Its been great being home for the last month or so. The weather has been awesome and I've been getting in lots of hard training. I've been doing some really intense workouts for the last 4 weeks to try and get ready for a big block of races coming up in July. I'm feeling pretty exhausted right now but hopefully it will pay off after my recovery week next week.

I've been enjoying some local racing the last few weeks as well. Unfortunately the women's field isn't very big in MN but they have been starting us with the Expert men. I really enjoy racing with them. It helps me push hard the whole race. I try to pretend that they are the women's Pro field at a National. Its hard to imagine that sometime though. But the guys are great and they encourage me to go harder.

Afton was a tough course as usual this year. I always forget how much climbing is on that course. I had a solid race finishing 1st for women and was around top 15 expert men.

I decided to head over to Wors cup in Mt. Morris, WI. Wow, what a great event Don put on. The course was really fun and challenging. Sometimes I'm not sure what to expect heading to over to WI as their courses usually seem to be pretty easy and flat. But this course had good climbs and rock gardens. Wors puts on the most organized race series I have ever been to. Hmm...maybe Don should teach the National series how to actually put on a race sometime. Anyway I did the xc, super d, and short track and ended up winning all 3 events. Thanks to the Pearisos for letting us stay with them in their brand new house. By far the best accommodations I've ever had!! Oh and I almost forgot to mention that Paul almost rolled his car trying to back out of Pearisos driveway. I was pretty scared. I'm hoping he will post a picture of it on his blog soon. Always an adventure traveling with Paul! :)

Last weekend Justin, Wenknsta and I headed up to Duluth for the Mt Dulac race. I was feeling pretty tired but had an okay start then it started to rain and I crashed. Then I just kinda gave up and started to go backwards but managed to hang on for 1st. Wenk was doing good and then his rear brake broke so he had to finish the last lap with only his front brake.
Up next is Deer Valley, Utah. Kyia and I got the rally car loaded up and are leaving in the morning.




No comments: